- Mark Reynolds 1b/3b - You know exactly what to expect with Reynolds, power numbers. Only this year he's seemed to found his stroke early: 4HR, 8RBI this week.
- Dexter Fowler OF - Why is he owned in less than 80% of Y! leagues? Over his last 481 AB's (since start of 2012) - .304/79R/17HR/58RBI/13SB.
- Will Middlebrooks 3b - Another guy owned in less than 80% Y!. Hitting the cover off of the ball in Beantown. 19 HR and 62 RBI in his first 292 professional AB's.
- Jed Lowrie SS - Owned in just 71% of Y! leagues at a power thin position. 19 HR over his last 366 AB's. That prorates into about 28 HR over a full season.
- Justin Masterson SP - Took a step back for 2012, but looks dominant this season. 2-0 with 13K over 13IP.
- Glen Perkins CL - Looked sharp in his first three outings of 2013. Owned in 80% of Y! leagues, has a W and two SV so far. No hits or walks over three innings, either.
- Paul Maholm SP - Has been stuck on some terrible teams in the past, but has an ERA right around 3.60 over the past two plus seasons. Could finally put it together this year and finish with 16-9 3.50 ERA 1.20 WHIP off of your waiver wire. 50% in Y!
- Ryan Vogelsong SP - We weren't too high on the 36 year old to begin with, but looked very hittable in his first outing. Drop him and add someone trending the other way.
- John Axford CL - Another guy we weren't too high on for 2013. Cut bait and look for the next solid MRP to step up and grab some saves.
- Jose Veras CL - He's a 32 year old reliever with 5 career saves and a career ERA over 4.00, closing for perhaps the worst team in MLB history. Why is he owned in 45%?
- Alfonso Soriano OF - He looks like he's 37. It's early, but through one week - 0R, 0HR, 0RBI and a .382 OPS. You can do better.
- Dustin Ackley 1b/2b - You should count your losses now if you drafted him. Hitting .220 since start of 2012, and has just one hit this year. Should not be owned in 45%.
- Daniel Murphy 1b/2b - Teetered on the .300 line over the last two years with little power. Smacked two homers in 2013 already, so could finally prove useful this year.
- Justin Maxwell OF - Had the power last year with no average. Working on the latter in 2013. Might be a glimmer of hope in Houston.
- Vinnie Pestano RP - Has looked better than Perez over a small sampling this season. Is option 1-B in Cleveland. Could help your team, regardless of save chances.
- David Robertson RP - Owned in just 23% of Y! leagues and should take over if the 44 year old Rivera goes down again. Has 183 K's over his last 129.2 IP.
- Miguel Gonzalez SP - Equipped with a 94 MPH heater, owner of a 3.22 career ERA and a 10-4 major league record, this 28 year old post-hype-sleeper looks primed to succeed in 2013.